I gotta say—I’m handling this lockdown better than the first one. Key differences:
- We know a lot more about covid and I’m less scared of it than during last spring
- From the second week of the lockdown I’ve been allowed to take ‘sick child care leave’ days
- Work has been really engaging and interesting
- I’m taking daily relaxation and workout seriously
- I’ve pause all the ambitious parts of my side projects, only doing easy and fun things
I’m sleeping well. I’m happy doing the things I’m doing. When I work, I want to have more time doing that. And when I’m with the children, I love that and wish I can have more of that. Especially when the weather was like spring all of a sudden! Last year it was backwards: during work I felt like I had to mind the children and when I was with them, I wanted to get back to work.
This week some general discontent was coming up again. All things considered, it’s going well and I’m enjoying that, so I have to be careful not to get all negative again.